Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Far, far away

In December last, I travelled across many lands (11) and seas (7) to reach the far away destination of New Zealand. This was my second visit to the wonderful country known as Land of the long White Cloud. Those that have never been to New Zealand before wonder how they left it so long, those that have been, feel totally relaxed and at home where ever they are.
During my trip I was visiting friends in Auckland. I laso travelled North to the Bay of Islands, staying in the small historic village of Russell (the first capital of New Zealand and previously known as 'the hell-hole of the south pacific!). In addition I paid a short but enyouable visit to the Coromandel Pennisula a seemingly undiscovered forest east of Auckland.
My final few days were spent on the east coast of the North Island in an area known as Hawke's Bay or Wine Country. Apart from visiting the winery's I paid homage to sea and sky and visited the largest Gannet Colony in the world at Cape Kidnappers, by tractor, across the beach, in the rain.
My report of such an important trip is clearly to brief but I shall ensure that this is not repeated on future journeys.
In March I am spending a week on my backside when I go snowboarding in Val d'Isere, France. News shall follow
Adieu

No comments: